I got no tears on my ice cream but you know me (Rookie Meetup at the Chicago Zine Festival)






Hello there!  Today was the Chicago Zine Festival, which I went to with a group of awesome Rookies.  It was so much fun, although it was incredibly overwhelming.  I wanted to look at every single zine there, and I ended up walking around for a bit not buying anything because I just needed time to soak it all in.  I did pick up some great zines in the end, and I'm so excited to read them tonight.  I also got some cool buttons to add to my ever expanding collection. There was such a palpable energy at the festival, and everyone was really nice and friendly despite being SO talented and COOL, that the day turned out to be pretty fantastic.



I wore a shirt from Old Navy, skirt from Topshop, tights from Target, and Report shoes.  And I guess now is the time to introduce my dog, Stella, to you all!  I didn't realize that she was standing in the frame when I was taking these photos, but apparently she was, so yeah...here's Stella everybody!  It was so nice to be able to take pictures outside (finally!) instead of awkward bedroom window photos.  Hopefully this sort of pleasant weather means spring has sprung once and for all.

A mediocre attempt to try to capture the basic idea of zine fest...
Caroline and I realized that we have the same camera, so of course we had to take pictures of each other taking pictures (cameraception!!)
Most of the group when we decided to take a much-needed cookie break.

I can't wait to read all of these!  I think I'm most excited for The Girl Who Was Mostly Attracted to Ghosts because it seems like an interesting concept, the cover is intriguing, and my friend, Simone, said it was fantastic.  I'm also looking forward to reading the Pizza Zine, and I don't think that really requires an explanation other than "come on, pizza." 




Overall, this was a wonderful event, and if any of you live in the Chicago area, you should definitely consider going next year!  I hope you are having a great weekend!

Hugs,
Anna

9 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! xxxo

    thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks, it kinda was :)

      Delete
    2. just nominated you for a liebster award on my blog if you wanna check it out!xx

      http://thisisfrom-matilda.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/im-holding-on-with-both-hands-but-im.html

      Delete
  2. Times like this when i really wish i loved in America! I adore rookie and all the zines you picked up look so intriguing, your skirt is adorable too!
    Imogen
    www.eloquenceandflair.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this outfit! I nominated you for the best outfit of the week here http://bloggerawards.tk/2014/03/20/week-1-from-mon-2403-to-sun-3003/ I hope it's okay, if so just go to their site and confirm the nominee commenting on the post :)
    have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thank you so so so so much!!
      xoxo

      Delete
  4. I've come to grow a bit jealous of your life and where you live, rookie meetups, zine fests, cute cafes, it seems like heaven to me! I've nominated you for the Liebster Award, you can check it out on my blog! :) x

    http://vogueescapade.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa, thank you so much!! It means a lot! Haha, it's actually quite boring, I just decide to blog about the few exciting things that happen :)

      Delete